April 2, 2009

Ants in My Kitchen

There are ants in my house. Specifically around the little desk in our kitchen. They aren't everywhere in the kitchen. Just my desk. It's like they want to hang out and chat. "Hey you, they whisper. It's nicer in here. What ca' doing?" They are starting to get on my nerves.

Well, the ants, the mourning, whiny cat, the overwhelming amounts of laundry, and a fussy toddler who may or may not eat at any given day (though this is getting better). I should have more sympathy, but I've called someone to spray our kitchen and outside to get rid of the pests. Maybe that will help me be more sympathetic towards our cat. At least I'll more sympathy for the toddler I think when the ants are gone. It's probably just me and my poor attitude today.

The pest control is coming tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Until then I'm going to fold laundry in the living room while I can.

post signature

2 comments:

Stacey said...

WE DO TOO!!! HATE, HATE, HATE them! And they are just around our sink area and no matter how clean we keep it they are there. you can't even have a kernel of corn on the floor without them calling all of their friends and having a huge party about it. Tip I heard from an exteriminator - they have hollow legs so sprays don't work. you have to use bait so they take it back to their friends and kill them all. Now he tells us.

Seasonal Learner said...

Thanks Stacey. I don't even eat around the desk. It is so frustrating. I scrub the thing down every day!!! The exterminator that is coming tomorrow said something about leaving gel to take back to the colony so maybe it will get rid of them?