October 15, 2007

Photo Monday



My birthday was a day of feasting. The husband made it me a special birthday breakfast with pancakes raspberries, and whipped cream. After he went to work I chatted with my little one and told him that I just needed him to play, eat, and sleep without a lot of fuss as my birthday gift. He complied nicely. We even went to the bookstore read a few Sandra Boynton books and then baby boy fell asleep in the sling. I picked out a book to buy and then read it with coffee on the balcony. The weather had turned for the better and it was the perfect day to be outdoors.

The husband came home and got straight to work on my birthday dinner (really he is a wonder....the best husband ever). He cooked up some whole wheat couscous with shrimp green beans, corn, and fresh basil mixed in. Wow. So, tasty. Then he took the baby while I went to work out with my brand new i-pod he purchased for my gift. Wow! Alone time with a cool new gadget.

I arrived back at our apartment and my bath was run. I took a long bath and then he had dessert made with some decaf coffee. The lemon creamy custard and homemade ginger snaps were so tasty and melted in my mouth.

As I drifted off that night into a peaceful slumber I thought how blessed I really am.

No comments: