I worked out and ate healthy and finally when the boy hit a year I was back in my wonderful jeans. How I had missed those jeans. I think even if they had been really old and out of style I would have worn them.
With this pregnancy I decided that working out and eating less sugar now would help my mental status after the baby. That way instead of, "What happened to my stomach?", I would think, "I did everything I could during pregnancy so it's just a matter of time."
I've been faithfully working out. I started in my thin clothes and moved to post-baby work out clothes. Then I realized that I needed to look for maternity work out clothes.
Does anyone know how hard it is to buy actual maternity work out clothes? I guess people don't expect pregnant women to work out. My Target yoga pants have been doing wonderfully well, but when it hit the 80's here a few weeks ago I realized that I would need shorts. Pea in the Pod had designer work-out shorts with a price that made my heart stop and wallet hemorrhage so I declined. Motherhood Maternity had nothing but fancy stuff and jeans. Gap maternity has slim pickings and even Target failed me in the shorts department. I finally went online and found some bargain, buy 2 get $10 off yoga shorts and tank tops at Old Navy maternity. I had to order them online and wait for them to come in. They came in Thursday night.
I love them. Instead of just buying XXL shorts to go over the belly making me look like I've gained weight without being pregnant, I now just have a belly with nice and COMFY fitting work out shorts. I can't wait until Tuesday rolls around and I can wear them. (I've been sick.)
Does anyone else feel that maternity stores are anti-working out? Ah well. Someone please remind me in August about this post so I'll feel better:)

1 comment:
I agree. I only had one pair of "work-out" shorts. I think I had to go the route of buying a larger size because I couldn't find maternity ones. I'll have to remember ON online for next time.
Post a Comment